Commander's Palace, New Orleans, Adelaide Martin, Lally Brennan / October 2007
This recipe originally appeared in On with the Show.
An optional gardenia garnish gives this tiki bar classic a tropical Louisiana flair.
• 1 oz. gold rum
• 1 oz. dark rum
• 1/2 oz. lime juice
• 1/2 oz. orange curaçao
• 1/4 oz. simple syrup
• 1/4 oz. Orgeat Punch
• 1 sprig mint
• 1 wooden skewer with a wedge of orange, pineapple, and a maraschino cherry
Combine the rums, lime juice, curaçao, simple syrup, and Orgeat Punch in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with the mint sprig and the skewered fruit.
The girls consider a splash of punch required for the perfect Mai Tai.
• 1 1/2 oz. spiced rum, such as Captain Morgan
• 1 oz. Orgeat syrup, such as Torani or Monin
• 1/2 oz. 151 proof rum, such as Bacardi
• 1/2 oz. limoncello
• 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.