Scott Beattie, The Living Room, W Hotel South Beach, South Beach, Florida / March 2013
This recipe is from Hey, Good Lookin' in the March 2013 issue.
- 3/4 oz. beet stained citron vodka (recipe below)
- 3/4 oz. Hangar One Buddha’s Hand Vodka
- 3/4 lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. ginger shiso galangal syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz. Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- marinated blueberries (recipe below)
Add all ingredients except the ginger beer to a mixing glass; fill with a full amount of ice; shake a few times. Add the ginger beer; swirl; pour into a Collins glass. Garnish with herbs and edible flowers.
Beet Stained Citron Vodka
- 12 oz. vodka
- 12 oz. Hangar One Buddha’s Hand Vodka
- 1 large red beet, thinly sliced
Add all ingredients to a plastic or glass container that is at least 2 quarts. Let the beets sit at least 2 hours, or until a crimson color is achieved.
Ginger Shiso Galangal Syrup
- 1 quart simple syrup
- 12 drop ginger essential oil
- 12 drop galangal essential oil
- 6 drop perilla (green shiso) essential oil
In a plastic or glass container (at least 1.5 qt.), combine essential oils and simple syrup; seal; shake vigorously to mix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups ginger shiso galangal syrup
Mix the blueberries and syrup in a quart container; marinate for 1 hour; strain.