The Belfast Cocktail
Catherine Lombari, New Brunswick, New Jersey, Francis Schott / March 2013
This recipe is from Vinifying Cocktails in the March 2013 issue.
- 1 1/2 oz. Niepoort Ruby Port
- 1 1/2 oz. Phillipe Latourelle VS Cognac
- 1/2 oz. Purkhart Poire Williams
- 1/2 oz. cinnamon syrup (recipe below)
- 1 dash DeGroff Bitters, for garnish
- 1 dash Regan's Orange Bitters, for garnish
- flamed orange twist, for garnish
- cinnamon stick (optional), for garnish
Stir over ice; strain into cocktail glass. Garnish with bitters, orange twist, and cinnamon stick.
- 8 oz. sugar
- 4 oz. water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Simmer for 10 minutes; cool. Refrigerate overnight. Remove cinnamon stick.