Admiral Russell’s Excess Punch
Catherine Lombari, New Brunswick, New Jersey, Francis Schott, Chris Stanley / March 2013
This recipe is from Vinifying Cocktails in the March 2013 issue.
- 8 oz. water
- oleo-saccharum (see below)
- 2 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz. gomme syrup
- 7 1/4 oz. Phillipe Latourelle VS Cognac
- 2 3/4 oz. Malmsy Madiera
- clove-studded orange wheels, for garnish
- fresh nutmeg, for garnish
Dissolve Oleo-Saccharum in non-alcoholic ingredients; combine with remaining ingredients; stir with ice; double-strain to prepared punchbowl and garnish with clove-studded orange wheels and grate fresh nutmeg over top.
Barkeep's notes: Historically, the recipe calls for Malaga wine, but Madeira works well. Oleo-saccharum is made by vacu-packing citrus peel in sugar.