Fourth Regent’s Punch
Catherine Lombardi, New Brunswick, New Jersey , Francis Schott, Chris Stanley / March 2013
This recipe is from Vinifying Cocktails in the March 2013 issue.
- 2 oz. Phillipe Latourelle VS Cognac
- 1 oz. Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
- ½ oz. El Dorado 12 Year Demarara Rum
- ½ oz. Batavia Arrack Van Oosten
- 4 oz. strong Earl Grey tea
- 1½ oz. fresh orange juice
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. pineapple gomme syrup (recipe below)
- oleo-saccharum (see below)
- 12 oz. Champagne
- food grade rose petals, for garnish
Place all ingredients except Champagne and rose petals in a 2 quart mason jar; add ice and stir vigorously until oleo saccharum is absorbed into the liquid. Double strain into a punchbowl with one large piece of ice in center; add Champange and garnish with rose petals.
Pineapple Gomme Syrup
- 24 oz. gomme syrup
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced into 1/2" cubes
Combine pineapple and gomme syrup in a clean non-reactive container. Refrigerate and infuse for approximately 36 hours. Fine-strain infused syrup, pressing on solids to extract all liquid before bottling.
Barkeep's Note: Oleo-saccharum is made by vacu-packing citrus peel in sugar.