Dean Castelli, Nick's Cove Oyster Bar & Cottages, Marshall, California / June 2013
Spiced stout syrup:
- 12 ounces Anderson Valley "Barney Flats" oatmeal stout
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice powder
- zest of 1/4 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Add all ingredients to stainless saucepan; bring to a simmer for 20 minutes; remove from heat; allow to cool; strain.
- 2 ounces St. George Breaking and Entering Bourbon
- 3/4 ounce spiced stout syrup
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- spiced or brandied cherries
Combine ingredients in a shaker filled with ice cubes; stir; strain into martini glass. Garnish with cherries.