Bon Vivants, Trick Dog, San Francisco - November 2013
This recipe appears in conjunction with Trick's Treats, November 2013.
- 1 1/2 oz. Bourbon
- 1 1/2 oz. house "SoCo" Peach Liqueur (see below)
- dash of simple syrup (2 parts cane sugar to 1 water)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Add all ingredients to mixing glass; add ice; stir; strain into glass over 2"x2" ice cube; serve.
"SoCo" Peach Liqueur:
- 3 lbs. peaches, sliced and with almonds from the cracked pits
- 1 liter Four Roses Bourbon
- 50 ml Luxardo Amaretto di Saschira
- 1/3 Bourbon vanilla bean
Add all ingredients to large jar; seal and store at least 3 weeks, preferably 5, agitating daily; strain 3 times: through rough mesh, fine mesh, then coffee filter; set aside to rest until sediment settles at the bottom; carefully rack off the clear liquid; reserve.