Bon Vivants, Trick Dog, San Francisco - November 2013
This recipe appears in conjunction with Trick's Treats, November 2013.
- 1 1/2 oz. Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur
- 1 oz. The Black Grouse whisky
- 1/2 oz. Mandarine Napoléon Cognac
- 1/4 oz. cinnamon syrup (see below)
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- orange twist, for garnish
Add all ingredients except orange twist to cocktail shaker; add ice; shake; double strain into a cocktail glass; garnish with orange twist.
Cinnamon syrup: Yield: 1 quart
- 350g water
- 65g Mexican cinnamon, broken up
- 700g organic cane sugar
Bring water and cinnamon to a boil; simmer 10 minutes; stir in sugar; simmer until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat; cover; steep at least 1 hour; strain; reserve.