Celeriac Risotto with Bone Marrow & Black Truffles
Le Saint-James, Bordeaux, France, Nicolas Magie - November 2013
For 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 1/4 cups celeriac, peeled and cut into pieces the size of rice grains
- 2 Tbsps. Tio Pepe Sherry
- 3 1/4 cups clear beef stock
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup fresh black truffles, thickly sliced
- 1/4 mascarpone
- 1/3 cup 24-month aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
- 3 1/2 oz. beef bone marrow, blanched and sliced
Heat oil in a Dutch oven set over medium-low heat; add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent; add celeriac; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
Add Sherry; bring to a boil; cook, stirring, until evaporated; add 1/2 cup broth; bring to a boil; cook, stirring, until evaporated; repeat with remaining broth, cooking until evaporated after each addition and celery root is very soft; season; stir in truffles, mascarpone, and Parmigiano-Reggiano; remove from heat.
Sear bone marrow on both sides in a skillet over high heat.
To serve, spoon risotto onto plates; top with bone marrow.