Le Meurice Cookie with Roasted Pistachios
Le Meurice, Paris, Cédric Grolet - December 4th, 2013
This cookie was a part of Le Meurice's Festival du Cookie, held in Paris on December 4, 2013.
Makes approximately 30 cookies
- 13 1/3 Tbsps. (200g) unsalted butter, softened
- 12 Tbsps. (140g) caster sugar
- 15 Tbsps. (190g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. (6g) salt
- 14 tsps. (70g) pistachio paste
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups (370g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsps. (8g) baking soda
- 180g pistachios, crushed and roasted
Heat oven to 325°F/170°C.
Mix the butter, both sugars, salt, and pistachio paste together; stir in eggs; tip flour and baking soda into bowl and mix; add pistachios; roll into 45g balls; spread evenly on baking tray lined with parchment paper; bake 8 minutes; remove from oven; cool on wire rack.